Designation: Celebrity hairdresser & Creator
Company: Phil Smith Be Gorgeous
Ever wished you could corner one of the most talented hairstylists and ask him or her for top tips based on his/her vast experience and insider knowledge? Well, wish no more! We’ve the amazing award-winning hairdresser who gives his top ten hairstyling tips.
Phil Smith’s top 10 tips for your hair:
1. When blow-drying curly hair, leave it slightly damp to avoid frizz forming.
2. Protect your shade with shampoos designed specifically for coloured hair to help maintain it’s vibrancy.
3. A bun – either textured or smooth – is a quick fix for bad hair days but still looks bang on-trend.
4. Semi-permanent tints are ideal for introducing low maintenance, no-commitment colour.
5. Clip-in fringes are great for nights out and parties and also give you a complete new look in minutes.
6. Shine spray is a must-have, year-round product.
7. Dry shampoo is the perfect multi-tasker; use to go an extra day between washing your hair or to add volume and texture.
8. Blow-dry your hair on a medium heat setting to minimise frizz and static, and to avoid heat damage.
9. Get your fringe trimmed professionally in between salon visits to keep your style looking sharp. Most salons offer this service free of charge between appointments.
10. Treat your hair as you would your skin; moisturise daily is ideal and indulge now and again with a mask to rehydrate your locks.